Ted is a partner and co-founder at NDL.
He has extensive experience in advising individual, corporate and institutional clients including investors, developers, landlords, tenants, financiers, fund managers, stakeholders and estate agents on a broad range of property transactions and projects.
He is also highly regarded for his commercial law expertise and advises a broad range of commercial clients in various business transaction contexts.
Ted combines his property and commercial law expertise to offer his clients a uniquely broad perspective on all transactions, as well as practical and astute advice.
In 2019, Ted was nominated for a leading individual award in real estate by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
Ted’s property law expertise includes:
- Property acquisitions and sales (including acting in complex negotiations involving residential, commercial, industrial and rural sites and sale documentation)
- Property development
- Joint ventures
- High volume off-the-plan sales
- Leasing – commercial, retail and industrial & lease disputes
- Finance transactions
- Capital gains tax, GST, stamp duty and land tax advice regarding property holdings and transactions
- Construction contracts and consultant agreements
- Owners corporation matters
Ted’s commercial law expertise includes:
- Acquisitions and sales of businesses and interest holdings
- Interest holder agreements including shareholder, unitholder and partnership agreements
- Commercial agreements including loan & security agreements, supply & distribution agreements, contractor agreements and agency agreements
- General commercial and asset protection advice
- Trusts and taxation
- Commercial disputes and debt recovery
Ted graduated with a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts from Monash University. Ted also completed a Property (Agents’ Representative) course at RMIT University.
Ted is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, the Property Council of Australia and the Hellenic Australia Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Significant transaction that Ted has been involved with include:
- $50m acquisition of the St Kilda Road Victorian Police building and investor syndication
- Negotiations with the Victorian State Government on behalf of an ASX listed purchaser for the acquisition of a commercial brewery, hotel and golf course development site in Ballarat
- $30m acquisition of the old Pentridge Prison site in Coburg, one of Melbourne’s most significant urban infill sites, and its $1 billion redevelopment
- Rezoning and sale of a $150m site in Point Cooke
- $1 billion Richmond Nylex Clock redevelopment
- Multistage development of a broadcare site in Mernda into 500 lots and associated infrastructure and capital raising activity
- Footscray Shopping Centre redevelopment and centre leasing
- Cape Paterson Australian Ecovillage development, Australia’s first fully sustainable residential development project over multiple stages and joint venture
- $40m sale of the Bolte Park Industrial Estate in the Fisherman Bend Urban Renewal Area to an ASX listed purchaser